The ultimate crib
Hey guuuys!! Monday blues? Anyone? No? Okay.
Well I hope your weekend was as chill as mine with lots of cool things to do and places to see! I spent mine babysitting little baby cousin because …you know, I have mad skills.
So back to us, today we list down 8 of some of the cool must -haves for the man with some bit of ready money to spend on his home. I had lots of fun compiling this so you better have lots of fun reading through!
- B.A.T (Big Ass TV) – Of course this was going to be first on the list! Wouldn’t you like to host Sunday football at your house, rugby and all that shebang you men like to watch every once in a while? Wait a solid minute though, I’m not talking about the 370 inch TV, the greatest achievement in the history of man…NO. Can you believe that TV goes for about 170 million…Kenyan money! That’s about too rich for your blood and enough to feed two starving nations. So don’t waste your money like that. There is no shame in sticking with your 60 inch plasma TV, all you need is unbeatable solid video and audio quality.
- Butt kicking gym area– A work out once in a while in the comfort of your own house will do you good…pack it up with the go-to gym essentials and gadgets needed, items which I will not get into since I’m not a gym instructor but…I’m sure you all want a killer core and girl murdering abs don’t you?
- Indoor game room– After you graduate puberty, you no longer need the game nights that are fueled with cans of red bull by your side to last you and your boys overnight…but you do need bond time sessions with your friends with more fun activity than just a TV. In this room you can have games like; Foosball, pool table, poker table ,dart game, a screen for video games… just go all out with stocking this space depending with the amount of space you have.
- Movie theatre– I am not a man but I would do anything to have a mini movie theatre in my house. Movie theatres are cool, everybody knows that. So again, depending with the space you have, you can have a room decorated and designed to look the part, comfort and function put to play then final touch it with that B.A.T (see point 1 above).
- Surround sound inside and out – A proper home theatre system is a must in today’s bachelor pad and also, any good bachelor pad should have music for every mood. From Romantic backdrop music inside your crib entertaining your ‘guest (s)’ to blowout party tunes when having a barbecue …all at the comfort of your house. You can expect a few noise complaints from your neighbours but oh well… it’s nothing you can’t handle. Impress your guests like that, let them know who’s boss. (I wish to un-write that but I won’t …ha-ha).
- A great sofa– The key to purchasing sofas is that, if it isn’t comfortable; then it might as well be on display at a museum. A sofa set with probably a full reclining support will give you the added benefit of being able to kick your feet up to watch something on the telly. Let it be large enough to accommodate a crowd for the big game and comfortable enough to act as a bed for you when you black out mid movie.
- A grand fire place – This will warm up the room, both literally and figuratively. It sounds like an old man’s syndrome to have a fireplace at your digs but no. Anyone could use some extra heat when it’s a bit too chilly and the bonus side of this is that, you don’t have to use it all the time. So when not in use…it makes the house look rich and cosy. Serving two masters at the same time…function and aesthetics, like a boss.
- BAR! – I’ve written that in all caps and given it the decency of an exclamation mark, a bold font, no italics and the privilege of closing this list… to give it the respect it deserves. There’s no reason you can’t have a particularly dedicated classy space to serve and enjoy a beer or two crates with your friends when they come to visit. In my opinion, you’d rather be indoors having a good time with your friends than at that night club, and if you did put a ring on it…then I’m sure your wifey will be happy with this idea then her and I can probably meet up and discuss how it can be set up.
As always I’m happy with the response you awesome people have been giving me and I wish you nothing but the best week ahead: ) .
*peace and laughter*